The package from my sister yesterday turned out to be a “Superhero Equipment Kit” with a sidekick (small felt doll) and superhero mask. It brightened up my entire afternoon.
I had assumed I’d spend the time reading and sleeping, but I forgot how hard it is to motivate to read at the end of the semester. Not that I don’t still enjoy it (I devoured a Discworld novel yesterday), but it’s hard to start. Napping is only sort of interesting, but it was nice to be able to sleep as late as I wanted without feeling like I was wasting the day.
Things which have been helpful:
- Social Media – I’ve been able to stay in touch with friends and family, and have conversations!
- Chat programs – likewise
- Shelf-stable snacks I can keep in my room
- A plastic pitcher with lid to keep in my room so I don’t have to constantly be going to the tap for more water
- Friends and family being awesome
- Having an extra chair in my room so I have something which isn’t my desk chair to sit in.
Things which have been hard
- One of the cats crying at my door trying to get in.
- Dealing with the inevitable boredom
- Waiting to get off the low iodine diet (tomorrow morning!)
All in all, the good outweighs the bad, I’m kicking this cancer completely out of my system, and it’s only for one more day (the isolation anyway).